Residential Care Facilities

Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) provide housing and needed supports to persons with mental illness who cannot find their own housing and/or who need staff support to live successfully in the community. RCFs are not mental health treatment facilities and residents needing mental health treatment receive that treatment from a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) or other private providers. RCFs do not receive state or federal funding, but are funded by resident fees predominately from federal Supplemental Security Income or other disability benefits.

A list of RCFs in Kansas can be found in the Behavioral Health Resources Directory available at the bottom of our Services and Programs page.

If you have questions or concerns pertaining to services at an RCF in Kansas, please contact KDADS Survey, Certification, and Credentialing Commission at 785-368-6375.