Respite Support and Advocacy Resources


  1. The Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) serve as the designated single point of entry for publicly funded services that seniors and their caregivers need.To contact your local Area Agency on Aging,  call the Kansas Aging and Disability Resource Center at 855-200-ADRC (2372).
  2. Centers for Independent Living (CIL) promote the self-reliance of individuals with disabilities of all ages through education, advocacy, training and support.The core services provided by all CILs are: individual and systems advocacy, information and referral services, peer counseling, independent living skills and deinstitutionalization. For satellite office locations, visit: or visit the Kansas Association for Centers for Independent Living (KACIL) at
  3. The Community Developmental Disability Organizations (CDDO) are the single point of entry for an individual or family to obtain services through the developmental disabilities system in the State of Kansas.CDDOs are responsible for determining whether a person qualifies for services, working with the person and/or the person's family or guardian in choosing from service options and referring those persons to other agencies if additional supports are needed.There are 27 agencies in Kansas, each covering its own geographic area of counties.Visit for a map of CDDOs or contact the Kansas Aging and Disability Resource Center at 855-200-ADRC (2372).
  4. Families Together Inc. is the Parent Training and Information Center (PTI Center) serving families of children and youth with disabilities and/or special health care needs from birth through age 21 years. Programs include: Parent Training and Information Center, Family-to-Family Health Information Center, Parent-to-Parent and Education Advocate. For more information, visit
  5. For information to support grandparents raising grandchildren or other relatives parenting someone else's child, visit:
    1. Kansas Children’s Service League – Grandparents/Kinship Groups -
    2. Raising Your Grandchildren –
  6. For disability related information, visit the Kansas Commission on Disability Concerns.
  7. ​The purpose of the Kansas Council on Developmental Disabilities (KCDD) is to support people of all ages with developmental disabilities so they have the opportunity to make choices regarding both their participation in society, and their quality of life.
  8. The Kansas Resource Guide (KRG) is a collaborative effort to connect consumers and service providers with resources and services for women, infants, children, youth and people with disabilities in Kansas.Call toll free: 800-332-6262.
  9. The Kansas Special Health Care Needs (SHCN) Program provides specialized medical services to infants, children and youth up to age 21 years who have eligible medical conditions. Additionally, the program provides services to persons of all ages with metabolic or genetic conditions screened through the Newborn Screening.Services may include diagnostic evaluations, treatment services or care coordination.