The Physical Disabilities Program serves individuals age 16 to 65 years of age who meet the criteria for nursing facility placement due to their physical disability, who are determined disabled by social security standards, and who are Medicaid eligible.
In order to qualify for the Physical Disabilities Program, you must meet the following eligibility guidelines:
1. Be at least 16 years of age, and no older than 65 years.
2. Be determined disabled by the Social Security Administration.
3. Need assistance to perform normal rhythm of the day.
4. Meet Medicaid nursing facility threshold.
Contact your local ADRC to find out about the Physical Disabilities Program. If you have questions about Medicaid eligibility please contact your local DCF office. If you have questions about physical disability determinations please contact your local Social Security Administration office.
The following services could be provided under the PD program as long as they are approved in your Plan of Care from the MCO.
- Personal Services
- Assistive Services
- Sleep Cycle Support
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) and Installation
To get more information about the PD program you may contact your local Aging and Disability and Resource Center (ADRC). To locate your ADRC please click here
You can also receive additional information about the HCBS Physical Disability program please contact the Physical Disability Program Manager John Barry:
- Mail: Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
New England Building
503 S. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603-3404